Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lucky number three...

My third quilt is finally done! Thanks to another P.I.G.S. Night Out at Sew Obsessed last night and some work this morning, I can finally give my family their quilt. Yes, it is 113 degrees outside, but I know that my husband and I will crank up the AC just to cuddle underneath it tonight! She is quilted with a beautiful satin/cotton binding and is the first one adorned with my new quilt label. Are my corners perfect? No. Are my quilted lines straight? No. Does it lay perfectly square? No. Will my family enjoy it, love it and have many years curling up underneath it? Yes. She turned out just wonderfully and I can't wait to have everyone see it.

This was Valori Wells pattern used with her High Desert Del Hi quilt fabric line. I fell in love with it when I saw it in a magazine and I fell in love with it all over again when I saw her in all her glory.

 Here is a picture of it spread out on the bed. It is almost big enough to fit a Queen sized bed, with a little overhang. We have a DKNY quilt on our bed right now, which is all white, but I think we have to put the new quilt on for now!
View 2.
I just love the colors so much! Especially next to the dark wood bed frame.











I need to work on adhering the label some, as the dark fabric shows though a little, but I used Steam-a-seam and attached some of the scrap material from the front as a "frame." I love that I can label my quilts now to remember when they were finished and to dedicate them to my loved ones.

Next time I will have my husband take the pictures; he has a GREAT eye for pictures. Here she is all folded up and waiting to be presented to the family. Her big reveal is in less than two hours! I can't wait.

2 comments: