I have started to sew all the blocks (well, into actual blocks) and have begun sewing the blocks together. It is coming along fairly well, until my Janome had to go to the sewing machine hospital. Seems as though you cannot leave the spool you winding bobbins with on the spool holder as the end will sucked up into the side vent and wrap itself around the gears and the belts. It was so ugly when they pulled the side of the machine apart, but a few snips and pulls (no damage) left me smiling on the way back home with my baby.
So here is one block of the Single Girl quilt, yet as I am sewing the blocks together I can't say that the circles are 'butting' up against each other as they are supposed to. Later I read on a blog that it is easier to sew them together with a zipper foot, as the side of the regular foot gets in the way and pushes the fabric to the side. Oh well, it is what it is; it's not perfect, but I did it all on my own.